I’ll be honest with you. I don’t like pesto. I never have and after last night I never will I found out. When I told Chris I had made pesto and was making it with shrimp he got all excited. He LOVES pesto. I never make and he never makes it since I do not like it. So therefore, he does not get the chance to eat anything pesto unless we go out to a restaurant. I thought last night while I was making the pesto, I would just take a small teaspoon and try a taste. Maybe I would enjoy it now since our taste buds change with age, but nope, still do not like it! Chris though loved this recipe and gave it his “two thumbs” up approval. This made 3 servings.
About 36 small uncooked shrimp, divined and peeled
Pasta (enough for three servings, any kind)
2 and 1/4 cups of fresh basil
3 gloves or garlic peeled
3 tablespoons of Parmesan cheese
3/4 cup of olive oil
1/2 heavy cream
Salt and Pepper to taste
1) Bring a pot of water to a boil, add pasta and cook till al dente.
2) In a food processor add all above ingredients, beside shrimp, salt, pepper, heavy cream and EVOO. Blend these ingredients together and blend in oil.
3) In a small saucepan add pesto mixture and heavy cream and bring to a warm temperature, stirring frequently.
4) Swirl EVOO around a saute pan a few times. Add shrimp and cook until pink, only a few minutes.
5) Drain pasta, and place on plate and mix in pesto sauce, top with shrimp and some extra Parmesan cheese!